This release introduces a hierarchical project tree. This allows users to logically group the scans in large projects. In editing, these can then be enabled or disabled during a variety of operations, which increases clarity and can speed up calculations enormously. The file format had to be extended for this purpose. Older projects can be used as before without any problems. Furthermore, this version includes the following new features and changes:
- In Modeler and Viewer, the order in the points list can now be reversed if required. In this case, new scan points appear at the top of the list.
- An undo function has also been added to the point list. This allows selected points to be reused after an export, simplifying modeling in some use cases.
- To keep you up to date, support for current CAD systems such as Allplan 2021, Revit 2021, ZWCAD 2021 and BricsCAD 2021 has been added.
- The Allplan CAD plug-in has been extended. There is now a dedicated menu for user settings, colored point cloud support, and corrections in translation.
- The Profile-Creation tool now also offers the possibility to export point clouds with color/intensity information or a user-defined constant color value.
- The export function for the point list has been extended so that color, intensity, and distance values can now be additionally saved.
- The converter has been extended the support for different file formats. For example, the e57 import fixes some problems with Trimble data or data derived from a las/laz dataset. During an e57 data import, the user can now specify a self-defined scan center.
Furthermore, several requests from our users could be implemented and the processing speed on some Windows 10 systems could be improved. In addition, the licensing system and third-party libraries were updated to close the security issues. Therefore, we always recommend using the latest version. If you have a current software maintenance contract, there are no additional costs for an update. We look forward to your feedback.